Finally I have the tutorial for the knotted capalana necklace. Sorry it took so long, its been busy here with trying to get my house in order and helping my friend tear apart hers and get her packed to leave for the states. Capalana’s come in a wide range of designs and colors, but you dont have to use a capalana, you can use any material you would like.
What you need:
1 yd of Capalana(or fabric of choice)
Marbles, seeds or beads
2. Sew the right sides together into a tube.
3. Turn the fabric right side out.
4. Make a knot in the middle of the tube.
5. Take a marble and put inside the tube and push it tightly against the knot and knot on the other side of the marble. Continue knotting and adding marbles until you get the desired length of necklace.
6. Finish off the edges by folding them inside and sewing over the ends. If you want to add a little more flare, try hand sewing on a flower.