I finished my banner. This was fairly simple to make but I ran out of the right color of thread when I was in the middle of making this banner and just finally got around to getting some more.
- Fabric in coordinating colors
- Sewing Machine
- Ribbon (one to connect the scallops and one for decoration in between the scallops)
- Pinking shears
- Using a template (I used a plate), trace around your template with a pen onto each piece of material you want to use. I cut out 6 circles.
- Cut circles out, fold them over (right sides facing each other) and then cut them in half.
- Keeping right sides together, sew around the curved edge, leaving the straight edge open.
- Using pinking shears, cut around the curved edge where you sewed.
- Turn the scallops right side out.
- Take ribbon and fold over the scallops and pin.
- Sew a straight stitch all the way across the ribbon connecting the scallops.
- If you want you can add some detail by tying small pieces of ribbon in between each scallop.