Here is a list of some of the many ways you can re-use your mesh bags instead of throwing them away.
1. My personal favorite – Dish scrubbies! Directions below:
- Cut the mesh bag into three 6 inch by 72 inch strips and lay the strips on top of each other evenly.
- Take a large needle, thread it and begin sewing down the middle of the strips in long basting stitches.
- Secure by wrapping the thread around the center of the bunch, then tie into a tight knot. Trim the ends and separate the layers so they make a ball.
- When you reach the end, hold the thread in one hand and pull back on the nylon net to form a bunch of nylon net.
2. To Hold Sand Toys -Carefully cut the top open making sure the bag is in tact and store wet sand toys in the mesh bag, making it possible for the sand toys to dry by the time you get home from the beach. Also can be used in the bathtub for toys to dry out in after bathtime.
3. Use the big mesh bags for camping. When washing dishes, put the dishes in the mesh bags, and hang them from a tree until dry.
4. In the shower you can use those little slivers of soap that usually get thrown out and put them in a bag and use it for exfoliating.
5. How about an Earring Holder? Over at Our Little Apartment she gives you instructions on how to make your very own earring holder using a plastic mesh bag and a picture frame.