I found this teal sweater at a thrift store a while back and never wore it because I didn’t like how it fitted. It kind of ballooned out around my stomach area. The color is perfect, its a favorite of mine, especially during fall. Its such a warm, rich color. So instead of giving it back to a thrift store I figured I could make it into a cardigan.
1. I took scissors and cut all the way up the front of the sweater.
2. I sewed a zig zag stitch up both sides of where I cut.
3. I then cut apart a button up shirt that had a hint of the same color of the sweater in it. Cut off the button and button hole side to connect to the sweater.
4. I took the button up shirt sections I cut off and ironed the edges over.
5. I attached the button up shirt parts on both sides of the sweater. I sewed on both sides of the buttons and both sides of the button holes.
I like how it turned out. I still feel like it may need something more though but I havent figured it out yet. Do you have any suggestions? Please share them with me.