My daughter was getting rid of this black and gray tee that she felt was too big for her, so I decided to see what I could do with it. I found some great tutorials on revamping tees online and looked through them and decided to try one of them.
Here is how I reconstructed my daughters old tee:
- Cut off the sleeves.
- Cut the neck into a V or U shape.
- Cut the back into a V or U shape.
- Cut the bottom hem off all the way around the t-shirt.
- Cut all the way up both sides.
- Starting at the bottom, every two inches up the side, cut into the t-shirt 3 inches, ending at the armpit. Do this on both sides.
- After you have all the pieces cut, start tying them together in knots all the way down the shirt.