I love it when I can make something that is completely recycled. This little tabletop Christmas tree is one of those projects.
If you have an old book or newspaper laying around that has those lovely yellowed aged pages, this would be the perfect project to use them on.
~Old frozen pizza box or cereal box
~Old newspaper or book
~Optional – Glitter & Scrapbook supplies
1.Roll your frozen pizza or cereal box into a cone. I glued the edge down and then stapled them at top and bottom to stay.
2. Pull out two pages from a book and fold in half. My pages measured 6X10.
3. Tear the page in half.
4. Lay the two pieces on top of each other and fold in half.
5. Cut into the open side of the papers, making sure not to go all the way through the paper. Then bend the folded side in about a 1/4.
6. Crumple the ends, scrunching all the way down. I made a whole bunch before I started gluing.
7. Starting at the bottom, start hot gluing the paper onto the cone.
8. Continue glue pieces all the way, winding as you go.
9. Finish the end at the top, making sure to cover the cone completely.
10. Make the top of the tree by using another strip of cut paper and rolling it into itself.
11. Add glue to the top and insert inside the hole.
12. Decorate and your done!