This is a super easy necklace and it turns out so pretty. This is a great way to recycle an ugly old bead necklace. This necklace is meant to slip over your head. You can modify it by making this tie at the back of the neck so you can make it a smaller choker type necklace.
Ribbon (I used a velvet type of ribbon)
Needle & Thread
Old bead necklace
1. Cut the end of the necklace and pull the beads off.
2. Thread your needle and knot the end, then pull through a folded over piece or ribbon. Leaving enough ribbon to tie a bow when you are done beading.
3. Start by pulling a bead through the needle & thread and then pulling the needle through the ribbon, alternating beads on each side of the ribbon. (Its easier than it sounds)
4. Once you are done threading the beads onto the ribbon, knot the end of the thread. Tie a knot at the end of each side so that the knot covers the tied end of thread.
5. Tie a bow on near the end of one side of beads and make sure and put some fray check on the ends of the bow where they were cut, so that they don’t fray.